There’s no question that in today’s social world, social media marketing is a powerful tool for building your brand in the wedding industry. Social media is certainly not just for fun anymore; it is a must-have business tool. It allows you to directly connect with potential consumers in a variety of contexts. And it’s not just about numbers, but about building relationships and earning trust.
Now, I’m not going to tell you that you can’t develop a good digital marketing strategy on your own. You probably are capable of achieving this, one day. However, if you aren’t already skilled in this area, it can take quite a significant time investment to learn this skill set.
That time investment is time detracted from other areas of your business, and ultimately, could you see you go long term, or ever without seeing anything in return for your efforts. It’s not unheard of for a business owner to spend a lot of time developing a comprehensive social media presence, only to find that no one has been exposed to it. This is where a Social Media Manager comes to the fore. For they have the expertise to extend your reach and create a community for your brand.
What Social Media Managers do
A Social Media Manager can help with many aspects of your digital marketing strategy. These include:
- Developing a suitable ‘personality’ for your social media presence
- Researching and then timing social media blasts for optimum exposure
- Researching and curating the best wedding industry content
- Determining the best ways to invest in promoting posts
- Understanding how to measure the value of social media’s return on investment for each social network and then capitalise on those metrics
- Thinking about new ways to gain interaction on social media, like creating an impromptu video with you, the business owner, so potential clients can get to know you
- Staying abreast of the latest social media trends and developments – they will never be left behind!
- Reviewing traffic volume and other metrics
- Responding to client comments and messages on social media platforms
Sometimes a Social Media Manager can take care of things that are vital to online marketing but aren’t exactly under the umbrella of social media. For example, they might be able to:
- Write blog content
- Manage your email list
- Perform website updates
- Take photographs for advertising purposes
- Create click funnels
What makes a great Social Media Manager?
You’ll benefit your business with a Social Media Manager who has the following qualities:
- An out-of-the-box thinker
- A relationship manager
Big picture benefits
Here are some ‘big picture’ ways you’ll benefit your business with a Social Media Manager:
- They will help clients see you as an authority in the wedding industry
- You will establish a competitive edge over other brands who offer your services but haven’t achieved a successful social media following
- They will increase your website search rankings with Google because its algorithm considers increased social media rankings
Two more tips:
Inbound marketing done by a Social Media Manager tends to be less costly than outbound marketing. So, you benefit your business by developing new leads for less cost.
You can hire a Social Media Manager to help you learn to manage your social media with their guidance. Alternatively, you can hire one to look after it completely for you.
So, you really can benefit your business with a Social Media Manager. Not only do they have the expertise and go-getter attitude to do an excellent job, but they will allow you to be more present in your business and deal with the areas of it that come more naturally to you.